Saturday, April 6, 2013

STEAK, ASPARAGUS AND CESAR SALAD - Anybody want to lose 34 pounds with me?!

Tonight for Dinner I Had...


So tonight for dinner I made and ate a large cesar salad with delicious creamy dressing (made from scratch), steak, fried onions, pan fried asparagus in butter and garlic. For dessert I ate apple slices dipped in peanut butter and for my drink I stuck to water as I had already had a glass of orange juice during the cooking process. 
I have lost a total of 34 pounds (I am down to 146 pounds as of this week) and it has been 100% to diet. In my diet I do not eat sugar, grains, starch or dairy (although I have brought cream back with my coffee - it's my only exception). Because of the weight loss I have much more energy and so for the past few weeks my husband and I have done one fun outing every Saturday whether it be a hike, snow shoeing and today was ice skating. I lasted for an hour and fifteen minutes before I decided my socks were digging too deep into my skin due to rental skates. It was so much fun!
Due to my Mary Kay skin regime I have a clear face and that has been such a bonus to my weight loss. I feel so confident, joyful, energetic and I feel... Like myself again. For a couple of years I had lost myself. I gained 40+ pounds which changed so much more than my appearance. My energy flagged, my personality altered, I was sad and depressed, lethargic and a far cry from the happy, bouncing, beautiful woman my husband told me he had married. 
I've been on this journey since November 2012 which makes it 5 months ago that I gave all my food away and never looked back. It has changed my life and the life of my husband. He has been struggling health wise lately but he has kept on his weight and the relapse has looked different. He feels hopeful which is so important!
Here is a snap shot of tonights dinner that my husband took today. 


If we can do it, so can you, I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment