Monday, March 25, 2013

When I'm Sick For Five Weeks....

When I feel like I can't go on, God reminds me He allowed me to marry a GREAT example of a non quitter, no matter how sick he is.


So I've been dealing with being sick for about 5 weeks now. It started with the flu, moved onto more stomach issues, continued down the path of a terrible cold and has finally ended with this week of sickness free!
It's allowed me to look into my husband's life for a bit. How he is sick every day and doesn't complain. He goes to work and works hard, he comes home and works hard, he attends functions such as church and lifegroup and doesn't murmur a peep.
Let me tell you that being sick for five weeks has been tiring, exhausting even. Going to work and coming home to everything that needs doing here has almost gotten the best of me more than once. I have not been complain free. I have cried, whined, whimpered, used my illnesses as an excuse not to pull my weight around the home and my husband, for the most part, has been understanding and picking up my slack.
I want to take this time to publicly thank him for his high standards for himself and his sacrifice and good example to me. He is tireless and works diligently until the job(s) are complete. He works first and rests at the end of the day. He is such a good leader and is also very patient and kind.
Thank you Raymond for showing me how to be self controlled, ordered, patient, kind, diligent, hard working and a non complainer. There are so many other good qualities I could add but I just wanted to do a little shout out for the things I've been noticing these past few weeks. And for the lessons you have been teaching me even when I didn't know it. I'm glad my eyes have been opened and that I can see all that you've been doing and teaching me even in my blindness, selfishness and stubbornness.

Today I made soup from scratch, baked chicken, fried fish and am about to put cookies in the oven. I managed to do all this because my husband needs to eat tomorrow and even though I'm tired (mostly from recovering) he would have done it for me. I love that when he's home I can count on him to make delicious dishes for me when I get home (even though he rarely feels top notch). I am also working on finishing up the laundry and the dishes I have recreated in my cooking ventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment