Saturday, March 16, 2013

EGGPLANT BURGERS!

WHO KNEW EGGPLANT COULD TASTE SO GOOD!

ALL YOU NEED IS A PANINI GRILL


INGREDIENTS:

1 EGGPLANT - keep skin on and cut into rounds
Home made Mayonaise
Cheddar Cheese Sliced
White or Yellow Onions Cut into Rings
Tomatoes Cut into Thick Rings
Butter about 1/4 - 1/3  cup
Garlic - Fresh, Crush


Directions:

Dip your veggies in a garlic / butter mixture (melt 1/3 cup of butter and add 2-3 freshly crushed pieces of garlic, mix).
Grill them on the panini grill in stages (first the eggplant, then the tomatoes, next onions) 
Layer them.
1. Eggplant
2. Mayo
3. Cheese (should melt because veggies are hot)
4. Onion
5. Tomato

I served these with a side of pickles and pan fried garlic chicken. To make the chicken just cut up 1-3 chicken breasts into cubes (boneless and skinless are the easiest). Fry them in butter, coconut oil and 3 crushed pieces of fresh garlic till fully cooked. 

The chicken is also amazing on salad the next day or with a side of veggies!



This is a panini grill
This is pan fried chicken



This is to show the layers
The finished product! Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks really yummy! I wonder if I"ll ever make them? I dont have the grill or a non stick pan right now so I guess I should wait until I get that! Remind me when I talk to you next. Xo Tansy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try your top rack on your BBQ! Love you Tansy :)

      Delete