Friday, February 15, 2013

EGGPLANT NOODLES

EGGPLANT NOODLES ARE YUMMY!


INGREDIENTS:

Eggplant (1-2)
Salt

DIRECTIONS:
Peel your eggplant
Cut length wise (a thicker strip)
Take each piece and cut them into thin strips (noodle size)
Put them in a bowl and sprinkle salt on them
Let them sit (they will sweat) for about 15 minutes


PUT THE NOODLES IN A TEA TOWEL AND SQUEEZE ALL THE REMAINING WATER OUT 

Either you can saute them in coconut oil until they are soft or you can boil them till soft. I sauteed them and haven't tried boiling yet. Saute until the "raw" texture is gone (or for as long as you like).

VEGETABLES:

I made a stir fry of vegetables to go with mine. Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Red and Yellow Peppers, Mushrooms, Purple Onion,  and if you want some grated Carrot would be nice as well.

SAUCE:

For the sauce I used 1 can of coconut milk (no guar gum), 1 pkg of herbed goat cheese, 1-2 tsp green Thai curry and a little butter. I brought this to a boil and stirred until it was thick and all melted together. Then I mixed my veggies in it (yum yum)!


2 comments:

  1. To make your noodle cutting go by faster just purchase one! These took a while because I just used a knife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so Yummy !! I want to make this with you one day :) love Margie

    ReplyDelete