Monday, January 14, 2013

What To Do When Going Out

So I have a super fun dinner date coming up next week with a long time friend at a sushi restaurant, which by the way is my absolute FAVORITE! I have talked to my husband and he said it was okay for me to eat sushi even though RICE, SEA WEED, and I'm sure the IMITATION CRAB isn't included in our diet. Yes, I'm talking about California Rolls (a weakness of mine).

Now since I'm not actually allergic to anything or sick I've been really tempted to just go to dinner and enjoy these California Rolls. I already decided that I wouldn't indulge in Miso Soup or my favorite Explosion Roll due to the fact that the dressing is sure to have sugar and parts of it are deep fried. However rice and sea weed are not bad foods for you.

The dilemma I find myself in is that I am doing this diet purely in support of my husband. My first excuse is he doesn't like sushi and second is, he will not be at the dinner. I guess what I'm having a fight with in my conscious is that he cannot go to a favorite restaurant of his and indulge in a special dinner even if it's foods that are not "bad" for a person.

My alternative is to be SUPER ADVENTUROUS, order Sushimi and eat that WITHOUT the rice. This would be in keeping with our diet and would definitely stretch me and be something that he and I could do if he so chose to participate in tasting raw fish with nothing to go with it. My heart says that is what I will do. I don't want to be a stumbling block for him when he faces temptation later on down the road. It's different for him as it's his health on the line and I don't want the thought in his mind to be "well if she can't do it, what makes me think I can?"

Well dear readers, that settles it. My sushi date will be like no other I've ever been on. I may need to have a salad or something afterwards to fill up, as raw fish tastes okay but I really don't love the texture.

I hope this gives you the courage to keep going with your restrictions and that you will know that someone else is going through what you are, because she wants to support her husband and for right now, all of you!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome. I am so proud of you for doing this. I wish I was that dedicated. I had chocolate cake tonight just because I didn't care enough about tomorrow and how I would feel. I hope you have fun and I hope you find out that it is not rice that makes the sushi!!!! Love your sister

    ReplyDelete