Sunday, January 13, 2013

Peanut Sauce

To be made in a small pot to avoid a lot of dishes :)

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (organic, peanuts only - NO ADDITIVES)
1 Small Clove of Garlic 'Minced'
1 Tbsp Honey (may substitute brown sugar)
1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Soy Sauce (I leave this out as it's NOT in my diet)
3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
A Dash of Pickle Juice (put in about 1 tsp if you aren't good with dashes)
1/2 tsp Sambal Oelek (I leave this out as it's NOT in my diet - Ask your grocer where to get it)


Directions:

Mix all the ingredients in a pot, bring to a simmer mixing together with a spoon or whisk until everything is blended. Turn to a low simmer and mix for 2-5 minutes. Cool. Taste. Done!

Notes:

Peanut sauce is great as a pizza drizzle, with rice (which is NOT a part of this diet), with chicken or with any type of spring rolls! Yummy!!!

** Please note that I may include some ingredients that are not on my diet in case you can have them because it does make for a tasty addition. HOWEVER if you cannot add them in like myself just add a little more pickle juice or lemon and it turns out brilliantly!

2 comments:

  1. Can you have coconut milk? my peanut sauce has coconut milk in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I can't have coconut milk - they say we can. However we can't have a type of gum that is added (I'm guessing a preservative) and so I can't add coconut milk. I make my own from coconut paste. So go ahead if you have it, we just can't have the additives in it.

    ReplyDelete